FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tucson Metro Chamber Copper Cactus Awards Finalists Named
Tucson, AZ (July 6, 2016) – Forty-nine businesses and five business leaders in Southern Arizona have been selected as finalists for the Tucson Metro Chamber Copper Cactus Awards presented by Wells Fargo.
“Small businesses do amazing things in our metro area, but often don’t receive the recognition they deserve. Collectively, small businesses are the biggest employer we have. The Tucson Metro Chamber Copper Cactus Awards presented by Wells Fargo is a night when the spotlight shines brightly on these companies for all they do to make our area all that it is.” said Michael Varney, Tucson Metro Chamber president and CEO.
The Tucson Metro Chamber Copper Cactus Awards celebrate the accomplishments and innovation of Southern Arizona’s small businesses in categories such as work environment, workforce development, community stewardship, innovation, growth and leadership.
Award categories include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Best Place to Work Nominees are judged on their work environment and the morale of their employees.
- Cenpatico Integrated Care Workforce Development Nominees are judged on workforce training, advancing, promoting people from within; or providing special job-training or exploration opportunities for individuals with special needs.
- CopperPoint Small Business Leader of the Year Nominees are judged on productivity in relation to sales, creativity and innovation in the workplace and their activity in the community.
- Cox Business Growth Nominees are judged on their gross revenue, employee growth and compensation expenditure growth.
- Nextrio Innovation Nominees are judged based on their creative use of innovative processes or products to pioneer change in their industry.
- Tucson Electric Power Charitable Non-Profit Business Nominees are judged on their exceptional leadership, culture, innovation and growth.
Nominations were submitted by members of Southern Arizona’s community in support of locally owned small businesses, business leaders and charitable non-profit businesses. To qualify for an award, finalists had to meet the following criteria:
- For-profit business
- More than two years in operation
- Locally owned and operated
- 3 – 250 employees
Charitable Non-Profit Business Award nomination criteria
- 501 (c)(3) charitable non-profit business operating in Southern Arizona
- More than two years in operation
- Total revenue: $50,000 – $10,000,000
2016 Tucson Metro Chamber Copper Cactus Awards Finalists include:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Best Place to Work
Agape Hospice & Palliative Care
Agility Spine and Sports Physical Therapy
Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR
Metro Title Agency of Arizona
Pinnacle Plan Design
Raging Sage Coffee Roasters
The Hotel Congress
The Lodge at Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club
Trico Electric Cooperative
Cenpatico Integrated Care Workforce Development
Keegan, Linscott & Kenon
Simply Clean & Green
The Solar Store
CopperPoint Small Business Leader of the Year
Darren & Eliza Bayliss, Maximum Impact Physical Therapy Services
Mitch Pisik, TM International
James A. Tress, Westland Resources
Bert Williams, Williams & Associates
Donald Zipperian, PACE Technologies
Cox Business Growth
Apex Window & Bath Accessories
Farhang & Medcoff
Micro Import Service
Northwest Pet Clinic
Port of Tucson
Re-Bath of Tucson
Total Care Connections
Undisputed Fitness & Training Center
InduraPower / Elitise
Mobile Care Management
Old Tucson Company
The Hacienda at the River by Watermark
Tucson Electric Power Charitable Non-Profit Business
390th Memorial Museum
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
Arizona’s Children Association
Big Brother Big Sisters of Tucson
Eagles Wings of Grace
Educational Enrichment Foundation
Humane Society of Southern Arizona
Make Way for Books
Our Family Services
Reid Park Zoological Society
Rialto Theatre Foundation
Southern Arizona Network for Down Syndrome
The Hermitage No-Kill Cat Shelter & Sanctuary
Tucson Youth Development
The Tucson Metro Chamber Copper Cactus Awards is presented by Wells Fargo and co-sponsored by Casino Del Sol Resort, Cenpatico and Intuit.
The awards will be presented on Friday, September 9 at Casino Del Sol Resort. Cocktails will begin at 5:00 p.m. followed by dinner and the awards ceremony at 6:30 p.m. and Copper Cactus After Hours Celebration at 9:00 p.m.
This celebration is open to the public and tickets can be purchased at TucsonChamber.org/CopperCactus.
About The Tucson Metro Chamber
The mission of the Tucson Metro Chamber is to promote a strong local economy resulting in business growth, ample employment and improving quality of life for all citizens. The Chamber is a membership-based business advocacy and networking organization that represents more than 1,500 businesses, employing more than 160,000 employees in the Greater Tucson area.