Current Career Opportunities
The Tucson Metro Chamber is currently not seeking any new applicants. Please check back at a later date.
SENIOR MEMBER SERVICES MANAGER
Do you love making connections? Is customer service your strength? Are you a good listener? Are you a great tactical facilitator with a creative mind? Then you are a perfect fit for Senior Member Services Manager! The Senior Member Services Manager knows all essential aspects of the Chamber, can present and represent the Chamber in any professional environment while creating connections and member value. The Senior Member Services Manager meets with Executive-Level Chamber members and provides outstanding customer service in a branded, friendly, proactive, and efficient manner with appropriate follow-up, as necessary. The Senior Member Services Manager is responsible for establishing essential programs, building relationships and coordinating with the Business Development and Member Services departments with retention efforts including day-to-day member outreach and delivering high-quality customer service to meet the needs of Executive Level Chamber members. The success of the Senior Member Services Manager is measured by level of membership retention, as well as ability to fundraise and sell Chamber services through the generation of non-dues revenue and benefit fulfillment for sponsorships, programs and special projects deemed necessary.
The core responsibility of the Concierge is to manage, support and retain Premier, Chairmen and Keystone level members. Relationships and connections are key to being any good concierge.
The Senior Member Services Manager:
- Participates in meetings with prospective, new, and existing Executive-Level Chamber members
- Responsible for retention of Premier, Chairman and Keystone level members by providing superior care to members, assessing member expectations, monitoring use of benefits, communicating status of outstanding benefits to Chamber members and listening and responding to member needs
- Performs membership profile maintenance including but not limited to general profile updates, affiliations, benefit utilization, committee related information, and website features through Chamber Master and otherwise
- Cultivates and maintains an ongoing extensive knowledge of all Chamber programs, services, initiatives, and activities
- Assists in developing and implementing strategies for member retention in cooperation with the Director of Sales
- Create communications plan for Executive-Level member retention
- Serves as staff liaison for Emerging Leaders Council
The Chamber has many products and services to offer its members like marketing, advertisements, and sponsorships. The Concierge develops packages for existing members and sells the products they deem most beneficial and financially impactful for the Chamber.
Events, Programs and Advertisement
- Create, manage, implement programming for the benefit of Executive-Level members
- Provide expertise on events structure, format, and concepts
- Implement major events
- Create, sell, fulfill sponsorship packages to achieve established revenue goals
- Evaluate established sales packages and modify as necessary
- Generate revenue from marketing sales packages
- 3-5 years sales experience marketing and selling intangible items
- The ability to handle stressful situations with a calm demeanor and pleasant manner
- Self-starter, innovator constantly working on ideas to best provide customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customer service orientation
- Expert multitasker handling events, sales and Executive-Level member customer service
- Capable of gathering information about the Chamber and community activities
- Superior scheduling and organization skills
- Adept at meeting deadlines and satisfying member requests promptly
- Known for maintaining discretion and professionalism
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, Zoom, Outlook
- Ability to adapt in a positive manner
- Collaborative, team player
- Results-oriented individual with a passion for meeting goals
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Advocate for Tucson as a great place to live and work
COMPENSATION: $40,000-$56,000 DOE
Exempt employee with discretionary bonuses
The Tucson Metro Chamber also offers a robust benefit program including:
- 80-hours of PTO
- 12 observed holidays
- Work From Home (WFH)/Telecommuting Eligible
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term and Long Term Disability, and Life insurance coverage
- 401K with company match up to $1,000
OPEN UNTIL FILLED. START DATE DEC 2020/JAN 2021
Candidates must submit a resume AND letter of interest on why you’re the most qualified candidate. Incomplete submittals will not be reviewed.
Submit to Amber Smith, President &CEO email@example.com
WHO WE ARE:
The Tucson Metro Chamber is a membership-based business advocacy and community development organization whose mission is to champion an environment where business thrives, and our community prospers.
The Tucson Metro Chamber maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to all employees and applicants for employment. No aspect of employment at the Chamber will be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status or past, present, or future application for or membership in a Uniformed Service or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. All decisions made with respect to recruiting, hiring and promotions for all job classifications will be made solely on the basis of individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position and the needs of the Chamber.
The Tucson Metro Chamber is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace to maintain safe, healthy, and efficient operations, and to protect the safety and security of the employees, facilities and property of the Chamber. As such, the results of a pre-employment drug test may weigh on being hired or retained as an employee of the Tucson Metro Chamber.
Please reply with your resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted, and incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Position open until filled.