Vote YES on Proposition 123
Arizona has an education funding problem – we all know it. Proposition 123 is a positive step to increase funding for Arizona schools.
If passed, Proposition 123 will:
- Generate $3.5 billion over 10 years for Arizona schools. The majority will come from the increased payout of the State Land Trust. Additionally, $625 million will come from the general fund ($50M for the first five years, then $75M for the next five years).
- Settle the lawsuit that has been pending for five years between K-12 public schools and the state legislature.
- Raise the base level of per pupil funding from $3,426.74 to $3,600.
- Guarantee that education funding will adjust for inflation each year.
- Provide funding to schools starting in June.
- Allow schools to decide how to use their funding. There are no strings attached to how the funding can be used.
- Include measures to manage the general fund during severe economic downturns.
Proposition 123 increases school funding without raising taxes.
Arizona’s schools need this help. The business community needs to be heard. Vote YES on Prop 123 to show elected leaders we believe in an investment for education. Today’s students are tomorrow’s workforce – It’s time for Arizona to invest in the future.
Early ballots must be returned by Thursday, May 12.
Polls are open 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 17.